Memory match games for kids are an excellent way to improve your child’s memory and cognitive skills while having fun. The good news is that memory match games are easy to make and even play. This guide will show you how to make a memory match game for your kids. You don’t have to use much money on the games, yet you can make one.Try this DIY memory match game for your little ones! #LightHouseSchool #diygames #parenting Click To Tweet
Making a memory game by yourself allows you to customize them to what your kids currently love and according to the appropriate age. You can create the games in the form of dinosaurs, animals, numbers, and colors and change them as your child grows. Here is how to make memory games for kids.
Supplies You’ll Need
Before you start creating the memory match games for kids, ensure that you have the following materials. Most of these supplies are available in local kids’ stores.
Here are the supplies you need.
- Craft paper
- Double-sided tape or glue stick
- Pair of scissors
- Stickers (floral stickers or alphabet stickers)
- Trading card sleeves
- Wrapping papers
Putting the Game Together
Once you’ve assembled all the materials highlighted above, follow the procedure below.
- Trace the card sleeves onto the craft paper and cut them out, leaving a bit extra space on the sides to fit easily into the sleeve.
- Repeat the first step, making two of every color paper you would love to use. In other words, you need to have a matching set.
- Add a few stickers to the craft paper to make it look more attractive.
- Using a double-sided tape or glue stick, stick the card’s backside onto the wrapping paper.
- Cut out the cards and insert them into the trading card sleeves.
Important Things to Remember
When sticking the card’s backsides on the wrapping paper, you have to use the same wrap paper on every set so that the backsides look relatively similar to each other. Try to have sets of similar cards to help your kids memorize and match them quickly.
Creating Your Own Memory Match Game at Home
The good thing about making your memory match games for kids is that you can customize a game to fulfill your child’s specific interests. When you use the reusable sleeves, you can quickly change them when your child outgrows them or keeps them fresh and fun. Rest assured that the matching cards will boost your kids’ memory skills.
Connect with us to learn more about DIY memory match games for kids.