Choosing a preschool vs. no preschool depends on the parent’s preference and convenience. While every choice has pros and cons, you must be careful when enrolling your child in preschool to avoid future regrets. You may prefer preschool or home learning as the starting point for a child’s education program.
Every choice has a consequence, so always take your time when deciding. Stay calm and check every factor before deciding. The secret is to select a learning program that suits the needs of your young children. Thankfully, this guide will help you decide.
Benefits of Preschool Education
The benefits of preschool education are as many as the child’s development in every aspect of life since it has social, academic, and cognitive benefits. Some of the benefits include;
- Promote physical behavior: Physical movement is vital to developing a child’s motor skills. In preschool, children learn basics like drawing using a pen and playing with toys. That makes them understand the link between the body and mind.
- Promote literacy competency in the future: The long-term benefit of preschool is that it ensures that the child develops high literacy skills that allow them to graduate to high levels of learning.
- Promote compassion: Preschool makes young children compassionate towards others. As children interact, they learn how to behave, the importance of having the right attitudes, and the best way to respond and solve their disagreements.
- Promote social skills: It’s easy for a child to develop social skills because they interact freely in an active environment with other children of the same age group. For example, they communicate and play together, learning how to live peacefully with others.
- Contribute to cognitive development: The children attending preschool develop imagination skills that enable them to understand the world better. In addition, playing together makes children test their patterns, knowledge, and problem-solving ability.
Considerations for No Preschool
There are some issues with preschool that make some parents criticize its programs and opt for their children to stay home.
Some of the concerns and considerations include the following;
- Force to learn too early: Some parents fear their children will be frustrated and hate schooling when introducing a child to subjects like writing, reading, and maths too early.
- Lack of one on one time: The concern of some parents is that with preschool, there is divided attention, with many children being attended to by just one teacher, unlike at home, where the child receives full attention.
- Ineffectiveness: There is a claim that children may forget what they have learned; therefore, there is no significant difference between those who stay home until they reach kindergarten age.
- Separation anxiety: Some young children may find it challenging to leave their parents, making it hard to start preschool but forcing their parents to stay with them at home.
- Less social opportunities: Some parents argue that preschool programs allow young children to learn letters and numbers more than playing time. In addition, in some preschools, the emphasis is more on academic skills than social skills.
Factors to Consider When Choosing
When choosing a preschool or no preschool, there are some factors to put into consideration;
- Effectiveness of the learning process: Whether your child attends private or public school checking the efficacy of the preschool is crucial in early childhood education. The child may not learn much if they stay home.
- Affordability: Higher Income families may see the cost of preschool as affordable; however, checking your budget will help you choose the right one.
The LightHouse School for Preschoolers
After getting information about preschool vs. no preschool, it is easy to decide the best for you and your child. The bottom line is to choose a learning program that suits your child’s needs. The good news is that Lighthouse School in Willis has more facilities to offer your children to support them in every stage of child development.
Contact us now for more information about our preschool program!