Early Learning Programs
We understand that the early stages are the most important for kids. Infants and toddlers are like sponges – learning and developing their five senses at all times.
Our early education programs are all about quality time with your child. We provide a clean, safe environment where teachers devote their day to ensure kids are happy and secure while they learn.
At the Lighthouse, we understand that the infant stage is crucial to your child’s development. We promote a loving and nurturing environment where your child will grow and develop the skills they will need for the next stage in life.
Lighthouse Infant Teachers will:
- Provide care and comfort for your child
- Encourage your child to explore and learn through sight, smell, hearing, touching, and tasting
- Talk and sing to your child during other activities such as feeding, changing diapers and other daily activities.
- Give each child plenty of floor time, which is crucial for infants as they develop large muscle skills, learn to interact with their environment and become increasingly independent
- Partner with you to ensure your child is happy, healthy and developing to their potential.
- Send home a daily report of meals, diaper changes and any new milestones reached during the school day
At the Lighthouse we understand that toddlers are very active and exploring at all times. We promote a clean and safe environment and equip our teachers with the appropriate toys and materials for an ideal learning environment. Our toddler program is based on the principle that children learn best through direct, hands-on experiences with people, objects, events, and ideas. Learning and development are anchored by long-term, trusting relationships with caregivers who are always close at hand to guide and support your child throughout their day.
Lighthouse Toddler Teachers will:
- Engage your child in an active learning process
- Encourage your child to discover the world around them by exploring and playing
- Support your child as they play and guide their learning through interaction throughout the day
- Include activities such as art, circle time, songs, bible stories, gym time, and outdoor play in your child’s daily schedule