The Lighthouse Teachers
At the Lighthouse School, we understand that our employees are the key to our success as a school. Every day we work on providing the best work environment for them. This has allowed us to create a team where the majority of our teachers have been with the center for several years and are dedicated to engaging students so that they may discover a passion for learning.
The children are treated as individuals with their own talents, skills, and educational needs. Our teachers and caregivers will know each child’s name, address their needs, praise their success and be very proactive in keeping parents informed.
All teachers must meet required guidelines including but not limited to education, experience, references, and also must pass a criminal background check.
Teacher Qualifications & Training
- Background checks are conducted on all employees that work full or part-time at the center regardless of their job description.
- All employees must attend an orientation process that includes center policies and procedures, an overview of minimum standards, symptoms of child abuse and neglect, procedures in handling emergencies, and how to handle emergency equipment and first aid.
- All teachers must be certified in CPR and First Aid and educated on Shaken Baby Syndrome and SIDS.
- All teachers must have 24 hours of yearly training. The Lighthouse provides instructors to come to the school to train our staff and teachers.
- Our teachers and staff meet frequently for training, discuss classroom schedules, curriculum, licensing requirements, state regulations/standards and other issues.